Monday, February 22, 2010

Lot 2


This was a last minute recommendation from a friend and I am so happy we chose to come here. The minute you walk in the vibe is sweet and cozy and the smells are delightful.
We went on a Saturday night with children and they couldn't be more accommodating. We didn't have a table right away but they sat us the bar and offered my children the usual soda or water or juice - when they said juice out comes a Capri Sun!! Oh my, Mama - make those babes happy!
Their selection of spirits is few but golden. A quality choice and the same goes for their wine list.
We started with the arugula salad with beets and ended up ordering two - not because it wasn't enough but because - it was so delicious - it could never be enough. The salad was so fresh and tender with just a wisp of dressing. My partner ordered the lamb ribs - succulent! I had the monkfish over lentils and I must say that I liked it but it lacked flavor. I salted it and peppered the lentils but I would have liked some innovative seasoning on it. However, the fish was cooked perfectly.
There is a kids menu as well - amazing pleasant surprise for what seems like a fine restaurant. The staff is attentive and ever so kind. I am thrilled that this in our neighborhood and so good.

Kid friendly - YES and YES!!
No outdoor seating (but I went in the winter - prove me wrong)
All major cards accepted.

687 6th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11215
718.499.5623
info@lot2restaurant.com

No comments: